For the highest standard of teaching and research at the University to take place, we need support services operating at a level to match.
Professional Support Services
- Compliance and Risk Office
- Governance Office
- Directorate of Estates and Facilities
- Directorate of Finance
- Change Management and Process Improvement
- Directorate of Human Resources
- Directorate of IT Services
- Directorate of Research and Business Engagement Support Services
- Directorate for the Student Experience
- Division of Communications and Marketing
- Division of Development and Alumni Relations
- Office of the General Counsel
- Office of the President and Vice-Chancellor
- Office of Social Responsibility
- Planning Support Office
Each of these report to the Registrar, Secretary and Chief Operating Officer, who in turn reports to the President of the University.
There is also a Head of Faculty Administration in each Faculty, overseeing support for these areas.
To find out more, view our complete guide to Professional Support Services.
The University Library
Alongside traditional library services, University Librarian Jan Wilkinson is responsible for our state-of-the-art Alan Gilbert Learning Commons and one of the world's finest collections of rare books and manuscripts at our John Rylands Library.