Business services at The University of Manchester
Through our business services, we can support your organisation by giving you new perspectives and ways to succeed.
Our dedicated business development managers can put you in direct contact with experts who can help you achieve your objectives and face future challenges with confidence.
Business solutions we offer
From providing business solutions to nurturing talent to informing policy, we will work with you to build a strategy for success.
Whether you’re an international blue chip, an ambitious SME, a forward-thinking government department or a charity with an eye for innovation, a partnership with The University of Manchester can have a significant impact on your organisation.
Take a look at how we can help you.
- Research: commissioned, collaborative and sponsored research, and student research projects.
- Knowledge exchange: concept development, feasibility studies, secondments and knowledge transfer partnerships.
- Consultancy: consultant services, expert witness services and due diligence.
- Commercialisation: bringing inventions and software into the commercial world, state-of-the-art biotech and hi-tech facilities, and incubation and spin-out facilities.
- Professional development: bespoke continuing professional development courses and distance learning programmes.
- Recruiting talent: a free online system for advertising internships and placements, support tailored for small business recruiters, and careers and graduate fairs reaching over 38,000 high-calibre students.
Business services case studies
See how our Business Engagement Support Team has helped:
- AstraZeneca with joint research, staff and student support, and shared knowledge and resources (PDF document, 1.32MB)
- BP with executive education, research, recruitment, scholarships and internships, and application of scientific knowledge (PDF document, 1.31MB)
- National Grid to develop staff, use our facilities, leverage R&D, commercialise innovative ideas and reach out to schools. (PDF document, 1.62MB)
Not sure where to start? Contact the Business Engagement Support Team.
Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 2227
Address: Directorate of Research and Business Engagement, Second Floor, Christie Building, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL.