Research for business
Gain fresh insights to inform your business strategy, leverage new technology to innovate or boost efficiency, or invest in the next game-changing invention in order to get ahead of the game – these are just some of the ways that access to University of Manchester research can help you.
Our cutting-edge research helps to inform and improve businesses, charities, authorities and other organisations.
- Recognised for research power – we ranked among the best in the UK in the latest Research Assessment Exercise, and 38th in the world in the 2014 Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Reputation for innovation – from the first modern computer to our pioneering work on 21st century wonder-material graphene.
- Breadth and depth of research – with groundbreaking research taking place across all our Faculties and Institutes – often in collaborative multidisciplinary teams – we can contribute to many areas of commercial development.
- Dedicated business support – our Business Engagement Support Team will find you the perfect expertise to help you achieve your business goals.
Research case studies
- We partnered with BP on research into corrosion science and technology; we are also the hub of the company’s $100m International Centre for Advanced Materials. (PDF document, 1.31MB)
- The National Grid collaborated with us on a host of innovative developments to help them deliver the future UK energy strategy. (PDF document, 1.62MB)