Teachers and careers advisers may be interested to learn about our Discover Days at Manchester. Ideal for Year 12 students or other students applying to university and considering Manchester, they offer an invaluable opportunity to find out more about a particular subject area at university. You are welcome to attend, too.
We offer more than 400 different undergraduate degree courses at Manchester. Since many of these involve the study of disciplines that do not form part of the secondary school curriculum, Discover Days are designed to give your students a taste of fresh and exciting areas of study.
Each day follows a similar format, with some variations depending on the nature of the subjects covered. Events will include:
- overview of relevant degree course(s);
- career prospects talk;
- mini-lecture on the subject;
- interactive workshops, delivered by academic staff or postgraduate students;
- possible lab work (for certain science subjects only);
- campus and departmental tour led by current students;
- time for your students to put their own queries to Manchester staff and current students.
Although Discover Days are aimed at potential applicants, teachers and advisers are also welcome to attend.
Perhaps you would like to accompany a number of your pupils who have booked places, or you may simply want to improve your own understanding of specific degree courses in order to better support your students.
Registrations are now being taken for this autumn’s Discover Days. Full details are available on the Discover Days webpages.
- Discover Law (Tuesday, 28 November)
- Discover Engineering (Wednesday, 6 December)
- Discover Computer Science (Wednesday, 6 December)
- Discover Planning, Urban Design and Environmental Management (Tuesday, 19 December)