Manchester Gateways Programme for Years 7-11
Teachers and careers advisers based within Greater Manchester secondary schools could get their students involved in our Manchester Gateways Programme.
The University of Manchester Gateways Programme allows learners in Years 7 to 11 to participate in a series of academic enrichment and higher education (HE) awareness activities.
It is targeted at talented local pupils who have the ability to progress into HE, and are from backgrounds that are currently under-represented.
Manchester Gateways enables your students to:
- find out more about University life;
- explore our range of degree courses;
- develop a range of skills that will aid success at GCSE and beyond.
Manchester Gateways aims
- Raise awareness of HE teaching, studying and living environments.
- Broaden learners' horizons with regards to HE and the range of HE institutions.
- Raise awareness of the variety of subject disciplines available in HE.
- Introduce learners to real students to build up a true vision of what student life is like.
- Develop students’ skills in team-working, independent enquiry, self-management, reflective learning, effective participation and creative thinking.
- Provide information and advice to enable informed decision-making about GCSE and post-16 choices.
- Provide up-to-date careers information and show the value attached to degrees by employers.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about Manchester Gateways.