When you graduate from The University of Manchester you will have more than a world-renowned qualification. You will also have acquired important skills and English language proficiency that will boost your career prospects.
Our graduates are highly attractive to a wide range of employers. In fact, according to recent research we are the university most often targeted by Britain's top graduate employers ('The Graduate Market in 2012', High Flyers Research).
We have strong relationships with many international employers and a wealth of resources that are dedicated to making the most of your employability. These resources include:
- A comprehensive careers website;
- Programmes of study that include strong vocational content, which is regularly updated in consultation with employers to meet their recruitment needs;
- Work experience placements around the world;
- Innovative teaching methods, which give our graduates intellectual and practical skills to prepare them for employment;
- A wide range of careers fairs;
- An experienced team of professional careers consultants, including experts on international career issues.
Award-winning Careers Service
Employers have regularly rated our multi-award-winning Careers Service as the best in the UK. It is here to offer you help and advice on careers and job-hunting, as well as providing opportunities to develop the skills that employers look for.
International employers regularly come to the University to take part in our on-campus presentations, talks and workshops, as well as our mentoring scheme, which allows you to learn about your ideal job from an expert currently working in the same area.
You can also learn about your dream job by completing work experience placements, projects, internships or by volunteering at home or abroad.
The Manchester Leadership Programme gives you the opportunity to gain an award while learning skills. It gives you an insight into what it takes to become a successful and socially responsible leader in the 21st century.
International Talent is a Careers Service initiative for students and graduates from The University of Manchester who have language skills or knowledge of non-UK cultures, and who are interested in gaining work experience.
For further details on all of the above information and projects, please visit the Careers Service website.