View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
School of Education
Academic department overview
See: About Us.
Research activity within the School coalesces around three broad themes. These themes and sub groups are as follows:
Inclusion and Educational Diversity
Within this area there are three main stands of research activity which whilst they overlap and link they have their own distinctive strengths. The three sub themes are:
- Disability and Educational Special Needs
- Educational and Social Inclusion
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
Academic and research staff, work across the three dimensions of:
- Pedagogy with particular expertise in assessment, learning, teaching and teacher development.
- Context with particular expertise in socio/cultural frames, modalities of learning for example distance/e learning.
- Curriculum with particular expertise in mathematics and language.
Education Policy, Leadership and Management
The focus of the work within the School is around educational improvement and effectiveness and how policymakers, practitioners, and researchers inter-relate to examine issues of teaching and learning, and the role of policy and leadership within this process. Within this area there are three main strands of research activity:
- Modernisation of education and the school workforce
- Understanding and developing leadership practice in Education
- Education in an Urban Context