Poverty and Development MSc
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
Full entry requirements
Academic entry qualification overview: Applicants should have a Bachelors degree with a minimum classification of Second Class Honours, Upper Division (2:1) or its international equivalent in a social science degree.
Admission of candidates who do not meet this criterion may be approved if satisfactory evidence of postgraduate study, research or professional experience can be provided. Please contact the School's admissions office for further guidance.
Applicants whose first language is not English should meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS Test score of 7.0 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 7 and no subsections below 6 or
- TOEFL Test (Internet based) score of 100 or more overall, with a minimum score of 25 in Writing, and a minimum score of 22 in the other subsections, or
- Pearson Test of English score of 66 or more overall, with a minimum score of 66 in the written section and no subsections below 59 or
- Grade C in the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English or
- Grade A in the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
Some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of your course.