Public Health (MPH) [Web-based Learning]
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
Full entry requirements
Academic entry qualification overview:
As a minimum entry requirement for graduate study, you should have an undergraduate degree (minimum 2:1 or equivalent GPA); but relevant research or professional experience may be considered in place of an academic qualification less than a 2:1. In all cases; the degree held must be from a recognised institution.
Students whose first language is not English require either:
- IELTS level 7.0 overall with level 7.0 in reading and writing specifically
- TOEFL 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or minimum of 100 (Internet-based test)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English Grade B
All certification should have been achieved within the past two years.
Some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of your course
Other entry requirements:
Students should expect to spend, on average, approximately 10 hours a week for each course unit studied.
- Full-time students should enrol on four course units each semester and complete the dissertation/project afterwards within the calendar year (MRes students only take two course units in the second semester)
- Part-time students usually enrol on a minimum of one course unit per semester, so that the coursework is completed within four years. However, the course can be taken at the student's own pace, provided it is completed within five years.
Additional financial requirements
The course fees include all the tuition, technical support and examinations required for the course, but there are some additional costs:
- Maximum of one text book per module costs approximately £30 per book
- Communication costs for email and telephone
- The residential course: this is optional, but would include travel costs and accommodation in Manchester for 1-2 nights
As this is an online course, students will need access to a computer with internet connection, and there is a minimum level of computer skills required.
For more details, please see: System requirements.