Clinical Research (MClin Res)
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
Full entry requirements
Academic entry qualification overview:
- An honours first degree (normally 2.1 or above*) in a relevant subject from an approved higher education institution.
- For part-time students, written support of their employer to attend the programme and to complete any necessary requirements.
* Applicants with a 2:2 honours first degree may be considered on the basis of documented evidence of exceptional innovative practice, practice leadership, service development, research projects and publications. Such evidence must be clearly described in any application.
Candidates whose first language is not English must have one of the following:
- IELTS 6.5, with a score of 6.0 or above in each component
- TOEFL 600 paper-based (with a minimum score on Test of Written English of 6.0)
- TOEFL 250 computer based
- GCSE English grade C
English language test validity: Some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
Other entry requirements: In order to undertake the course students should also ensure that they have:
- Two days per week minimum study time (part-time students); Full-time hours availability (full-time students)
- For those seconded from employment to undertake the course - approval and support from their employer
- Consistent computer and IT access
- Computer hardware minimum: P4 1.6 GB PC with 256Mb RAM
- Broadband connection: downstream 2 Mb, upstream 256k
- Software: Windows XP or Vista
- Webcam and Skype