Prof Jeanette Edwards - personal details
Tel: 0161 275-3997
I completed a PhD at the University of Manchester in 1990 and returned as a Leach/RAI Fellow in 1993 and as Lecturer in Social Anthropology in 1999. In between, I was a senior research officer at the Public Health Research and Resource Centre in Salford (1991-93), and Lecturer in the Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology at Keele University (1994-99). I recently served on the Nuffield Council of Bioethics working party on 'disclosure' and donor conception, and am currently vice president of the European Association of Social Anthropologists.
Visiting appointments have included:
• Visiting Scholar, Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago de Chile (2013)
• Visiting Professor, University of Balamand, Beirut (2007, 2008, 2009)
• Professeure Invitée, École des Haute Études en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), Paris (2006)
• Visiting Research Fellow, Department of Anthropology, Universitat Autònoma, Barcelona, Spain (1998)
• Visiting Scholar, Women’s Studies, University of California at Berkeley (1997)
In Manchester I am linked to CRESC and EastbordNet, and was Head of Department 2010-13.