Professor Lesley Rhodes (BSc, MD, FRCP) - research
- Ultraviolet and visible light effects on healthy and diseased skin particularly photosensitivity disorders (sun allergies), mechanisms of acute inflammatory responses, relationships to longer term damage and means for protection and repair.
- Cutaneous nutrient-ultraviolet interaction, sunlight and vitamin D synthesis.
- Photodynamic therapy.
Collaborators and affiliated staff
Ann Webb, Jacqueline Berry, Anna Nicolaou, Gary Williamson, Tony Thody, Desmond Tobin, Gillian Ashcroft, Chris Griffiths, Neil Gibbs, Rachel Watson, Mark Birch-Machin, Stan Pavel, Francois Aubin, Frank de Gruijl, Thomas Diepgen, Helen Richards etc.
- Human studies, nutritional studies, photobiology studies
- Cutaneous iontophoresis, tissue sampling including microdialysis
- Ultraviolet dose-response modelling
- In vivo and in vitro irradiation, fluorescence spectroscopy
- Immunohistochemistry, cell culture, applications of mass spectroscopy