Dr Shogo Suzuki - research
International Relations theory with reference to East Asia, Sino-Japanese relations, Chinese foreign policy, Japanese foreign policy, Sino-Japanese reconciliation
- 'The Competition to Attain Justice for Past Wrongs: The "Comfort Women" Issue in Taiwan', Pacific Affairs, forthcoming.
- 'Why does China participate in intrusive peacekeeping? Understanding paternalistic Chinese discourses on Development and Intervention',International Peacekeeping, vol. 18, no. 3, 2011, forthcoming.
- Civilization and Empire: China and Japan's Encounter with European International Society. London: Routledge, 2009 (paperback edition forthcoming April 2011)
- 'Chinese soft power, insecurity studies, myopia and fantasy', Third World Quarterly, vol. 30, no. 4, 2009, pp. 779-793
- 'Seeking "legitimate" great power status in post-Cold War International Society: China and Japan's participation in UNPKO', International Relations, vol. 22, no. 1, 2008, pp. 45-63
- 'Can apology serve as a security policy? Responsible scholarship and breaking the chains of negative history in Sino-Japanese relations', Korean Journal of Defense Analysis, vol. 20, no. 4, 2008, pp. 309-324
- 'The importance of "Othering" in China's national identity: Sino-Japanese relations as a stage of identity conflicts', The Pacific Review, vol. 20, no. 1, 2007, pp. 23-47
- 'Japan's socialization into Janus-faced European International Society', European Journal of International Relations, vol. 11, no. 1, 2005, pp. 137-164
- 'China's perceptions of International Society in the nineteenth century: learning more about power politics?', Asian Perspective, vol. 28, no. 3, 2004, pp. 115-144