Dr Susan Treagus - personal details
- NERC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Department of Geology, Manchester: 1979-1981
- Associate Editor, Journal of Structural Geology (Pergamon Press): 1981-1985
- Chief Editor, Journal of Structural Geology (Pergamon/Elsevier): 1985 - 1997
- Simon Industrial and Professional Fellowship, University of Manchester: 1995-1996
- Senior Research Associate (NERC ): 1997-1998
- NERC Senior Research Fellow: 1998 - 2003
- Editor Emeritus, Journal of Structural Geology
Specific Research Interests
- Strain and cleavage variations in layered systems and folded rocks.
- Geometry and mechanisms of folding in two and three dimensions.
- Mohr diagram applications for strain and deformation analysis.
- Transpressional deformation and its structures.
- Finite-element modelling of object-clast systems.
- Strain and shape analyses of deformed conglomerates.
- Methods of quantifying viscosity contrasts in rocks.
- Bulk rheological properties and anisotropy of multiphase composites and rocks.
- Structures in the Monian Supergroup rocks of Anglesey, UK.
BSc Geology (Manchester) 1968; MSc Structural Geology (Imperial College London) 1969; PhD Processes in Fold Development (Manchester) 1972