Professor Andrew Sharrocks (BSc, PhD) - personal details
Tel: +44161 275 5582, +44161 275 5979
Location: Faculty of Life Sciences,C2259 Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Andrew Sharrocks in the Faculty of Life Sciences
- Multi-scale Biological Timing
- Research Theme: Cell & cancer Biology
- See Sharrocks Lab Site for more information-click here
1983-1989 University of Sheffield
- 1986 BSc. Sp. Hons. Biochemistry Class I
- 1989 PhD. "The control of the expression of the restriction-modification system of bacteriophage P1." (Supervisor- Dr. D.P. Hornby)
1989-1990 Postdoctoral research assistant (Sheffield University with Prof. J.R.Guest)
1990-1992 Postdoctoral research assistant (Max-Planck Institut, Freiburg with Prof. P.E.Shaw)
1992-1998 Lecturer in Biochemistry and Genetics Department at Newcastle University.
1997-2002 Lister Institute Research Fellow.
1998-1999 Reader in Molecular Biology, Newcastle University.
1999-2002 Reader in Molecular Biology, Manchester University.
2002- Professor in Molecular Biology, Manchester University.
- Lister Institute Research fellowship (Oct 1997- Sept 2002)
- BACR/Zeneca Young scientist of the year award (2000)
- Biochemical Society Colworth Medal (2001)
- Tenovus Medal (2002)