Dr David Spendlove - personal details
Role: Senior Lecturer
Tel: 0161 275-4716
Having taught in secondary education for 13 years in a wide range of schools, prior to entering Higher Education I was head of department and a member of my school's senior management team with responsibility for whole school issues including monitoring, assessment and recording. Since moving into Higher Education in 2000 my work has involved development of both policy and practice in a variety of areas including design and technology education, teacher development and creative education. I was a director of D&TA from 2003-2008 and currently I co-edit Design and Technology Education: An International Journal as well as co-editing the D&TA international research conference proceedings since 2003.
* Director of Secondary PGCE:
* Co-editor of Design and Technology education: an International Journal 2004-;
* D&TA International research keynote, Research Consultant to several Creative Partnerships;
* Fellowship (FGTEP), Learning Teaching Award (John Moores University);
* Co-editor DATA international research conference publication 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009;
* External examiner, Ofsted Additional Inspector;
* Consultant to QCA, Writer for DfES training materials;
* Postgraduate and Undergraduate Subject Leadership experience;
* Director of D&TA 2003-2008;
* Ex member of SMT, HOD, 13 years school teaching experience;
* Research presented UK (BERA), Finland (ECER), Australia (TERC 2007, 2011), India (epiSTEME), Israel (PATT), USA (AERA 2007, 2009, 2011);
* Media work includes BBC radio, writing for the Times Educational Supplement, Teachers TV.