Prof Edward Fieldhouse - research
Specific research interests:
My main research interests are in the role of contextual effects on political and civic behaviour. My specific interest include
- Geographical and contextual effects in voting and attitudes.
- Political and civic engagement and participation.
- Social capital
- Methods for modelling political behavior.
- Comparative studies of voter turnout.
Current and recent research projects:
- The Social Complexity of Immigration and Diversity
- How different are direct mail and telephoning? A 'Get Out the Vote' randomised experiment in the 2009 European and Local Elections
- Constituency Campaigning at the 2010 General Election
- The Political Representation of Ethnic Minorities in the UK in Comparative Perspective
- Electoral Registration and Turnout in South Asian Communities in Great Britain
- The Liberal Democrats - Strategy, Structure and Third Party Politics in Contemporary Britain
- Samples of Anonymised Records 2006-2011