Dr Ellen Poliakoff - personal details
Role: Senior Lecturer
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7333
Fax: +44 (0)161 275-2588
I completed my BSc in Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of Manchester in June 1998. I carried out my PhD (‘Tactile Spatial Attention and Parkinson’s Disease’) at the University of Manchester , which I completed in 2002. I then worked for 18 months as a Postdoctoral Research Associate with Professor Graham Barnes at UMIST, before taking up a lectureship at the School of Psychological Sciences in September 2003. I became a senior lecturer in 2010.
I am Chair of the Outreach Group for Psychological Sciences. I have co-organised many events involving hands-on activities about the brain and senses for the public at different venues, from the Manchester Museum to the Arndale.
- PSYC11312 Sensation and Perception
- PSYC21011 Perception and Action (module leader)
- PSYC31132 Cases in Clinical Neuropsychology (module leader)
- PSYC60301 Using Advanced Statistics Course (MRes)
- PSYC60152 Cognitive Psychology for Clincial Neurosciences (MSc)
- First year tutor for BSc(hons) Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology students