Dr Garry Squires - personal details
Role: Programme Director Doctorate in Educational Psychology
Tel: 0161 275-3546
Ellen Wilkinson Building-A6.6
School of Environment, Education and Development
The University of Manchester
Garry is a HCPC registered educational psychologist, formerly working for Staffordshire CSA and Deputy Chair of the Staffordshire CAMHS Research, Audit and Development group. He was part of the steering group that worked with the British Dyslexia Association to develop Dyslexia Friendly standards for local authorities. He was part of the reference group working with The Audit Commission to develop the Value for Money Toolkit for SEN. He has been a member of accreditation teams for initial training of psychologists for the Psychological Society of Ireland and the British Psychological Society. He is currently a member of the British Psychological Society DECP working party for Delivering Psychological Therapies in Schools and Communities.
Garry was formerly the external examiner for the Doctorate in Educational and Child Psychology at the University of Sheffield; and for the Professional Doctorate in Educational Psychology at UCL. He is currently external examiner for the MEd programme in Disability Inclusion and Special Needs at Birmingham University. He has been the external examiner for doctoral theses at:
•University College London
•University of South Australia
•University of Sheffield
International School Psychology
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow of the British Psychological Society [FBPsS]
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the professional and practice-focused doctoral research Special Interest Group. This is a UK group of academics teaching on a range of professional doctorates.
- Member of the European Network for Social and Emotional Competence in Children. This is an international group and includes researchers and practitioners.
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council. This status enables him to work as an applied psychologist in the UK.
- European Certificate in Psychology – Registered European Psychologist [EuroPsy]. This allows recognition of qualifications as an applied psychologist in most countries in Europe.
- Chartered Scientist [CSci], the Science Council
- Member of the International School Psychology Association
- Chartered Psychologist [CPsychol], Member of the Division of Educational and Child Psychology, Member of Special Interest groups (Qualitative Methods in Psychology section; Special Group in Coaching Psychology)
- Member of the Association of Educational Psychologists
BEd(Hons), BSc(Hons), MSc, DEdPsy, Dip Psych, CSci, EuroPsy, CPsychol, FBPsS, FHEA