Prof Luis nando Ochoa - personal details
I am part-time Professor of Smart Grids at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I am also Professor of Smart Grids and Power Systems at The University of Melbourne, Australia. From 2007 to 2010 I was a Research Fellow in Energy Systems with the Institute for Energy Systems in the School of Engineering at The University of Edinburgh, UK. I am an IEEE PES Distinguished Lecturer since 2015 an IEEE Senior Member since 2012. In 2010 I also undertook an industrial secondment with the Edinburgh-based company Psymetrix Ltd. I hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering gained at UNI (Peru), and a Research MSc and a PhD in Electrical Power Engineering, both gained at UNESP Ilha Solteira (Brazil). I am co-author of more than 120 research papers (list of publications and Research Gate) in peer-reviewed top ranked journals and top class international conference and more than 50 technical reports. I am also co-inventor of one patent filed by Psymetrix Ltd. I am also Visiting Professor at UNICAMP (Brazil) since 2014.
Interested in Smart Grids? Here is a short video showing how the electricity industry is taking the first steps.
Activities with IEEE CIGRE and Europe
- Editorial Board Member of the IEEE Power and Energy Magazine
- Vice-Chair of the IEEE-PES Distribution System Operation and Planning SC (new PSOPE)
- Member of the CIGRE WG C6.25/B5/CIRED on Control and Automation Systems for Electricity Distribution Networks of the Future
- Member of the EPSRC Peer Review Associate College
- Member of the Science Board of the EPSRC Energy Storage Supergen Hub
BEng (UNI, Peru), Research MSc (UNESP Ilha Solteira, Brazil), PhD (UNESP Ilha Solteira, Brazil), SMIEEE