The University of Manchester’s Welcome programme goes further than the average ‘fresher’s week’ – there’s so much more going on, ensuring your first days at university set you up for the rest of your time here.
Our Welcome programme is completely packed with events and activities designed to help you settle in, make friends and to get your bearings on campus.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect:
- Tours, not just of the campus, but of our visitor attractions (such as the John Rylands Library, Whitworth Art Gallery and Manchester Museum) and the city of Manchester itself.
- The Students’ Union’s Welcome Fair, where you can sign up for clubs, societies and sports teams.
- The Start of Year Fair, where you can find out about the University’s support services and even pick up some freebies from local businesses.
- Introductory lectures from some of our most respected academics.
- Film screenings, concerts, speed meetings and quizzes.