Our Careers Service offers you everything you need to take control of your future and give yourself the best chance of securing your ideal job after graduation.
Top employers target Manchester graduates, so you’ll have every opportunity to make important connections and find out about career opportunities in your chosen field.
Each year our careers fairs, workshops and presentations attract more than 600 exhibitors and 20,000 visitors; no other university works harder to get your career off the ground.
What you can expect
- Help with finding part-time jobs, placements and internships that will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Careers advice from the day you arrive and throughout your degree to help you find a graduate job, pursue further study or set up your own business.
- The chance for one-to-one mentoring with an experienced professional.
- Practical skills-development courses and workshops to boost your CV.
- A comprehensive careers website, plus an online vacancy and events database.
- The latest careers news via our blogs, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Interactive, online tools to help you explore options and what steps to take next.
- Opportunities to develop your skills by volunteering in the local community (coordinated by the University’s Student Development and Community Engagement division).
Support after graduation
You can continue to use our Careers Service for two years after graduation. And if you don’t have a job lined up, or would like more experience in a particular sector, you could also apply for the Manchester Graduate Programme.
The programme offers paid graduate-level positions in Greater Manchester, allowing you to develop your career in the UK's best city to live in. Salaries may vary, but in 2015 the average was £17,000 per annum pro rata.