Ciência sem Fronteiras' postgraduate programmes
We undertake a wide range of research across science, technology, engineering and medical subjects.
All relevant Schools welcome applications from Ciência sem Fronteiras postgraduate students doing:
- full-time PhD study;
- short-term visiting PhD study.
For details of our postgraduate programmes, search our research subject areas.
We also welcome applicants from postdoctoral researchers.
Please send your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying to the Faculty of Science and Engineering
To find out more about the application process at Schools in the Faculty of Science and Engineering, please email email@example.com.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering includes the Schools of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science; Chemistry; Computer Science; Earth and Environmental Sciences; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Materials; Mathematics; Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering; and Physics and Astronomy.
How to apply
For full-time study, please apply online. Please indicate that you are a Ciência sem Fronteiras student in the scholarship section of the application form.
For a short-term PhD visit (up to 12 months), please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- full name and contact details;
- name of current (home) university;
- name of current PhD supervisor at home university;
- subject/research area;
- short description of current PhD topic;
- an indication of a member of academic staff you may be interested in working with at Manchester (if possible) or skills/training of interest;
- transcript showing undergraduate and master’s degree qualifications;
- English language level achieved;
- length of proposed visiting period.