View tabs | View full page
- Degree awarded
- 12 months full-time, 24 months part-time.
- Entry requirements
UK 2:1 Hons degree (or overseas equivalent) in economics/econometrics/agricultural economics or a related subject for direct MSc entry.
Applicants with a UK 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in economics/econometrics/agricultural economics or a related subject may be considered for entry onto the MA Economics.
In addition to the normal supporting documents, applicants for the MSc Econometrics must also supply the following:
- A brief description of any macro & micro-economics/econometrics/mathematics/statistics courses taken on your undergraduate degree, detailing core texts used. This does not have to be an official document. A paragraph for each course unit taken and a brief list of the main textbooks used will be sufficient. Go to the Files to Download tab for an example of what is required.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL WE RECEIVE THE ABOVE INFORMATION.
MATHS & STATS PREPARATION FOR THE MSc
1. Please visit our pre-session maths website where you will find information about the minimum level of knowledge of mathematics and statistics that you should possess from your current or previous training.
2. On the same website, please look at the details and content of our Pre-Session course on mathematics and statistics which builds on the knowledge resumed in (1) and which is designed to equip you with further technical skills that you will require before starting the MSc. You are strongly advised to attend this course which is offered, free of charge. The course will run during induction week and we recommend that you spend some time between now and September 2014 studying and familiarising yourself with the course material on the website, especially if you might not be able to attend the course.
- How to apply
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2015, the tuition fees are as follows:
- MSc (full-time)
UK/EU students (per annum): £8,750
International students (per annum): £16,000
- MSc (part-time)
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,375
International students (per annum): £8,000
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
- Academic department
- School of Social Sciences
- Contact name
- Janet Smith
- +44 (0)161 275 4471
- +44 (0)161 275 1750
- Academic department overview
See: School Subjects