PGCE Secondary Business Education / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- GTTR code
- Degree awarded
- 10 months
- Entry requirements
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree in business, management, economics, or a related subject, with a minimum of 50% content directly related to business education (if you are unsure, please contact us to discuss your qualifications)
- A strong academic record at A-level (or equivalent).
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
- References which support the suitability of the candidate for teaching
- A personal statement
- How to apply
You should apply through UCAS Teacher Training .
Applications or CVs sent directly to the University will not be considered.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Become an outstanding secondary school Business Education teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Study courses rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted.
- Enjoy extensive periods of classroom experience supported by outstanding tutors and mentors.
Please see our open day pages for more information about forthcoming open days, taster sessions and twilight sessions.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,250
International students (per annum): £18,000
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for international students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Home/EU students may be eligible for a repayable tuition fee loan. Home students in England may also be eligible for a repayable student maintenance loan. The loans support available to PGCE students is similar to what is available for undergraduate students and information about government financial support for undergraduate students is available here .
If you have graduated in the last three years from The University of Manchester with a 1st class honours degree, you may also be eligible for our Alumni Scholarship .
Information about additional funding options for September 2018 can be found on the Department for Education website .
All PGCE Secondary (Business Education) trainees will receive a £400 bursary after completing registration. More information can be found on our Bursaries and Scholarships page
- Academic department
- School of Environment, Education and Development
- Contact name
- PGCE Admissions Administrator
- 0161 275 8468 OR 3617
- +44 (0)161 275 3528
- Academic department overview
See: The School .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.