MSc Social Research Methods and Statistics / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- You want a course that provides a thorough grounding in advanced quantitative methods taught within an applied social science framework
- You would like to learn methods of data analysis, including advanced statistics for complex data
- You are interested in a skills-based course with practical training that is highly regarded for future employment within government and academia
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2017, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,500
International students (per annum): £17,500
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
International students (per annum): £8,750
UK/EU students (per annum): £6,333
International students (per annum): £11,666
UK/EU students (per annum): £3,166
International students (per annum): £5,833
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Social Statistics will be awarding a number of bursaries in 2016/17.
Please see the School's funding page for further information.
- Faculty of Humanities/School of Social Sciences - Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme
- School of Social Sciences - MSc Social Research Methods and Statistics Scholarship - 2017
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.