MSc ICTs for Development / Careers
Year of entry: 2017
The programme is designed for those applying, or seeking to apply, information and communication technologies in pursuit of socio-economic development goals. It will include those who have, or plan to have:
- direct design and implementation responsibilities and/or
- project managerial responsibilities and/or
- broader strategic or policy-related responsibilities.
Typical participants include:
- Early-career professionals who have found themselves involved with ICT4D projects and want a period to reflect, learn and broaden their impact and career horizons.
- Technical staff involved with ICT4D projects who wish to add systems, managerial and development skills to their portfolio.
- Computing graduates who wish to make ethical use of their skills but lack the necessary understanding of systems and development.
The programme is relevant to those with career trajectories in the NGO and public sectors, and in the private sector given the private sector's increasing involvement with ICT4D projects. It is particularly intended for those who will be working in or with transitional and developing economies.