MSc ICTs for Development / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2017
Academic entry qualification overview
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper.
- A personal statement detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Your CV
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
Applicants whose first language is not English should meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0 or
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other subsections or
- Pearson PTE overall score of 59 with a minimum score of 59 in the written section and 51 in all other subsections
- Cambridge CAE or Cambridge CPE grade C (Please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable.)
We will consider applicants who do not meet these scores but you may be required to attend a pre-sessional English language course at the University of Manchester, or to demonstrate an improvement in your language scores prior to the start of your course.
Some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of your course.