Management and Information Systems: Change and Development MSc (Distance Learning)
View tabs | View full page
- Degree awarded
- Master of Science
- 33 Months. [Part-Time - Distance Learning]
- Entry requirements
- Applicants should have a good first degree (minimum 2:1 or equivalent) in a relevant discipline from an approved university, and are expected to have one year's full-time or two years' part-time work experience. Admission of candidates who do not meet this criterion may be approved if satisfactory evidence of postgraduate study, research or professional experience can be provided. Prior computing expertise is not a pre-requisite for entry onto the programme
- How to apply
Please make sure you change the mode of learning to distance learning p/t to find the correct programme.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
Information systems are spreading into every sphere of business and non-business organisations. They herald the dawn of a new 'Information Age' in which information, information systems and information technology are recognised as key organisational resources and in which management activities become more information-intensive. Yet the majority of information systems - including e-government, e-commerce, and e-development systems - are under-performing or are failures.
A key cause of this problem is the gap of knowledge, of skills, of culture and of language that exists between functional managers and information systems professionals.
The aim of this Masters degree is to close that gap by training individual staff to become 'hybrid managers'. Hybrid managers are those who understand both the job of management in its organisational setting and the role, management and jargon of information, information systems and information technology. These individuals will be in a strong position to lead the successful development and implementation of new information systems in their organisations.
At the end of the programme, participants will have been provided with:
- conceptual frameworks to understand the role of information, of information technology and of information systems in organisations;
- new knowledge and skills to help in the effective planning, development implementation and management of information systems;
- new knowledge and skills to help in the effective management and change of organisations.
The next intake for this programme is January 2015. Informal enquiries, prior to applications, are welcomed.
Equity & Merit Scholarships (Open for applications September 2013)are available for Nationals of Bangladesh, Rwanda and Uganda, to study on the distance learning programme, further details are available at the following link
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2015, the tuition fees are as follows:
- MSc (part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students: £550 per 15 credits £2,350 dissertation
International students: £1,125 per 15 credits £5,000 dissertation
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Scholarships/sponsorships: Many students on our distance learning programmes are funded by their employer or national governments. Further information about funding sources, including details of internal scholarships and Equity & Merit scholarships (for Bangladeshi, Rwandan and Ugandan applicants- Open for applications September 2013) can be found by following this link .