MA Educational Leadership / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- Master of Arts
- 12 Months. [Full-Time]
- Entry requirements
A good honours degree (minimum 2:1) or the overseas equivalent, in a related area. An initial qualification in teaching, if this is not formally part of your first degree, would be desirable.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper
- A personal statement (one side of A4 paper) detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Your CV
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
- How to apply
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- You are interested in a course with outstanding teaching that draws on world-leading research, reflected in high levels of student satisfaction
- You want to study as part of a highly diverse and international cohort of students representing perspectives from throughout the globe
- You would like a programme with a strong focus on professional learning, underpinned by critical scholarship
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2017, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,000
International students (per annum): £17,000
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
The School of Environment, Education and Development is offering a number of scholarships for 2017 entry. For further information please click here .
The Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme offers a £3,000 reduction in tuition fees to University of Manchester alumni who achieved a 1st and are progressing to a postgraduate taught masters course for September 2017 entry (terms and conditions apply - please contact us for further information).
See also the University's postgraduate funding database for more funding opportunities.
- Academic department
- School of Environment, Education and Development
- Contact name
- Linda Williams
- +44 (0)161 275 2814
- Academic department overview
See: The School .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.