Education (International) MA
View tabs | View full page
- Degree awarded
- Master of Arts
- 12 Months. [Full-Time]
- Entry requirements
A good honours degree (minimum 2:1) or the overseas equivalent, in a related area. An initial qualification in teaching, if this is not formally part of your Bachelor's degree, would be desirable.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates or transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper
- A personal statement (one side of A4 paper) detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report; WAEC certificate
- How to apply
The deadline for applications is the 31st August 2016; later applications are considered at our discretion. Please note that we receive a very high number of applications so the course may be closed to new applications before the final deadline given.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
The course has been designed for teachers and other education professionals, working in a range of educational settings. It will provide you with the opportunity to engage in structured study of, and reflection upon, the application of educational theories, ideas and concepts to a range of educational and community-based contexts.
It offers a unique combination of policy and practice-based perspectives on education located within the educational and other related experiences. It is taught by world-leading researchers who focus on the realities of professional practice using the social sciences. Course participants typically study the course in order to develop their careers in education through securing new posts, or promotion, in educational and education-related institutions.
- Develop critical understanding of key concepts in educational theory in order to enable an informed analysis of educational practices.
- Raise awareness of the influence of context upon education.
- Develop students' professional knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to their prior and emerging professional interests.
- To enable students to gain evaluative and analytical skills that will help them to critique education policy and practice.
- Develop capacity to engage in research to inform and develop practice.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2016, the tuition fees are as follows:
- MA (full-time)
UK/EU students (per annum): £7,700
International students (per annum): £15,500
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
- Academic department
- School of Environment, Education and Development
- Contact name
- Su Smith
- +44 (0)161 275 0692
- Academic department overview
- See: The School .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.