MRes Experimental Cancer Medicine / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2018
How to apply
Please apply via our online application form , following any instructions for completion carefully. See the Advice to applicants section for details of the supporting documents we require with your form.
Advice to applicants
Your application form must have the following documents.
- Two academic references on letter headed paper or sent from work emails. Professional references can be provided in instances where you have been out of university for more than 3 years. We do not contact referees directly.
- Official degree certificates (with translations if not in English).
- Official university transcripts (with translations if not in English).
- A personal statement - This should be a page in length including: why you want to undertake this course of study; any relevant past experience and what you think you can bring to the course; how this course fits into your future career plans; any other information you think relevant to your application.
- Full curriculum vitae including voluntary experience.
- A scanned copy of your passport if you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
- If English is not your first language, we require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
Supporting documents can be uploaded with the online application form, or if this is not possible, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are unable to consider your application until we have received all of the documents listed above.
You must include your University ID number on any correspondence and do not send any documents before you have submitted your application.
Skills, knowledge, abilities, interests
You will need to have the ability to communicate well and work as part of a team.
Fitness to practise / health requirements
All physician applicants need to provide their GMC number. All nurse applicants need to provide their NMC number.
Disclosure and Barring Service check
For clinical placements a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) check will be require for UK residents.
Overseas students are required to provide a Police/Government Office Certificate of Good Conduct.
Please email email@example.com for further guidance.
No deferrals will be considered.