MSc Quantitative Finance / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 12 months full-time
- Entry requirements
We normally look for a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- You ideally need a a degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, actuarial or decision sciences and have taken or be taking a significant number of modules in quantitative subjects, such as differential equations, econometrics or mathematical statistics in the final year of your degree, with excellent results
- We highly recommend GMAT or GRE and anticipate a well-balanced score with a strong performance in the quantitative sections
- When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
- How to apply
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
This specialist course gives you a thorough understanding of the full range of quantitative methods needed for financial decision making.
Masters information sessions
We are hosting a series of informal information sessions for undergraduates who are thinking about pursuing a masters course at Alliance Manchester Business School.
Our Masters courses aren't just for business graduates - from business analytics to operations, and marketing to finance, we have 16 courses to choose from. Join us to meet a careers advisor, admissions staff and current students and discover how our courses can boost your career prospects.
Also, a number of graduates have the opportunity to progress directly onto the Full-time MBA programme as a Young Potential Leader - could you be one of them?
Choose from the following dates:
- Thursday 15 February 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 14 March 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 18 April 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Wednesday 9 May 2017, 12.00 - 1.30pm
All events are held in the Atrium, Alliance MBS East building (on the corner of Oxford Road and Booth Street East) - number 26 on the campus map.
For further information and to register your interest in attending, please see the Alliance MBS website .
Events round the world
We take part in events both at home and around the world, and we'd be delighted to meet you in your country . If you are visiting Manchester and you are unable to attend one of the Masters Information Sessions, you are welcome to organise a personal visit .
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £24,500
International students (per annum): £24,500
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
Due to the competition for places and limited availability, our courses require a deposit of £1000 to cover non-recoverable costs and secure your place. The deposit will be deducted from your tuition fees when you register on the course.
The deposit is non-refundable, except in the following situations:
- you fail to meet the conditions of your offer (see below for further information); and/or
- you are refused a visa or entry clearance to enter the UK (proof must be submitted)
If an offer has been made specifying an English Language condition which you do not meet, the Admissions Team will require the official certificate of an English Language test taken after the date of offer as evidence that you have attempted to meet your offer conditions for a refund to be approved. The English Language test certificate provided with your application documents will not be accepted as proof that you have attempted to meet your offer conditions as such a certificate will predate the offer.
If an offer has been made specifying an academic condition, the Admissions Team will require the official university documentation showing that you have not met this academic condition from the institution at which you have studied, as evidence for a refund to be approved.
The Admissions Team reserves the right to refuse to refund of any deposit that does not meet with the requirements outlined above.
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for UK/EU/International students
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for US residents
- Academic department
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Contact name
- PGT Marketing and Admissions Office
- +44 (0) 161 306 1339
- Academic department overview
Alliance Manchester Business School was established in 1965 as one of the UK's first two business schools. Today, we are the UK's largest campus-based business and management school, and 'Original Thinking Applied' is at the heart of everything we do. Find out more .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.