Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania – online master's courses in the Global Development Institute
We are pleased to offer scholarships to outstanding professionals from Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania for two online master’s courses in our Global Development Institute.
The scholarships are available for the following courses:
- MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development (Distance Learning)
- MSc Human Resource Management and Development (International Development) (Distance Learning)
Scholarships cover all tuition fees, course materials and examinations. Check the course pages above to make sure you understand what the course involves and read the course description carefully.
Online learning gives you the flexibility to combine study with work, family and other commitments. We encourage women to apply. Equity and Merit scholarship students usually complete the master’s in two and a half years.
The scholarships are aimed at academically excellent professionals with at least two years' post-graduation work experience who would not otherwise have the opportunity to study for a UK qualification. You should meet all the following criteria:
- be a resident citizen of Tanzania, Uganda or Rwanda and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- hold a good undergraduate degree (minimum Upper Second or equivalent) in a relevant discipline from a recognised university;
- have a minimum of two years' relevant work experience;
- have a clear idea how studying for an online masters would benefit both your career and the development of your home country;
- meet the programme’s English language requirements (check the course pages above for details).
How to apply
Applications for entry in January 2018 are now open.
The deadline for applications is 27 November 2017.
There is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and our admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted for the course of your choice.
Stay up to date
Please email email@example.com with any enquiries.