IT services for master’s students
Master’s students can take advantage of extensive IT services underpinning our teaching and research activities.
The fact that we’ve got the largest server farm in the north west of England should give you an idea of the breadth and scale of our technologies. Our facilities and services include:
- more than 3,200 student PCs accessing a huge range of software, academic data and resources from across the world;
- extensive Wi-Fi coverage across campus, including access to the international eduroam network;
- fully networked halls of residence, providing high-speed Internet access from your room;
- 24/7 access to computers at the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons;
- dedicated IT Service Desk support, including a 24/7 telephone helpline;
- downloadable iManchester smartphone app for mobile devices to help you find your way around campus, search for your nearest cafe, locate your nearest PC cluster and much more.
- Regularly updated Facebook and Twitter accounts that will keep you up to date with the latest IT Services news.