EdD Education / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2018
How to apply
If you are interesting in making an application, please apply for the Doctorate in Education at the following link:
Please upload the following documentation with your application:
1. Two references, one of which should be familiar with your academic work, on official headed paper from the institution, signed and dated. Please note that The University of Manchester does not contact referees on your behalf. If you do not have these available, please ask your referees to send their letters of recommendation directly to email@example.com as soon as possible.
2. Copies of your transcripts and certificate for all previous degree qualifications
3. A curriculum vitae
4. A supporting statement including information about the following:
- Why you are interested in the EdD and its focus on professional practice over and above a PhD
- Your professional situation and how it is compatible with the EdD
- Your capacity to undertake a large piece of research for the Doctorate thesis
- Your area of research interest. Note that we do not expect you to know this in detail, nor does this mean that you cannot alter the focus later under guidance, but candidates will only be accepted on the basis that we will be able to supervise their chosen topic effectively. Please take time to look at the Manchester Institute for Education Research web pages, which will help to give you some idea of the areas we support and tell us, in general terms, what your focus is likely to be:
5. Provide a short critical account (no more than 1,000 words) of an issue that is relevant to your chosen research interests. This should be an issue that is pertinent to an educational professional setting, and you should undertake a critique that should be based on some research you have read from a report, article, chapter or book.