PhD BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Doctor of Philosophy
- 4 year PhD option only
- Entry requirements
We require applicants to hold, or be about to obtain, an Upper Second class Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in a related subject area for entry to this funded PhD programme. As competition is tough, many of our applicants also hold a Masters-level qualification.
- How to apply
The BBSRC DTP accepts applications each year from mid October for entry the following September. Details on how to apply can be found on the BBSRC DTP website . You should follow the guidance carefully on how to make an online application.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Fully-funded interdisciplinary BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership
- Bespoke training and transferable skills development
- Opportunity to undertake a 3-month professional internship
- Some projects linked with industrial sponsors
- Conduct research at a university ranked 9th in the UK and among the top 50 in the world for medicine (QS World University Rankings 2017).
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,260
International students (per annum): £22,000
- Academic department
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Contact name
- +44 (0)161 275 5608
- Academic department overview
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
Programmes in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of programmes in related subject areas.
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.