Linguistics (3 Years) [BA]
View tabs | View full page
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
ABB incl. English Language at A2 or GCSE in a Modern Foreign Language (grade B)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
34 points overall (core points accepted), with 6,5,5 in higher level subjects including any language (incl. English Language or English Langauge & Literature)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
BA (Hons) Linguistics
- Offers students access to the full range of linguistic studies (theoretical, descriptive, and applied).
- Introduces the subject thoroughly and allows an increasing amount of choice and specialization, with excellent research-led teaching.
- Students may apply to spend one semester studying abroad during the second year of their degree. Exchange partners are offered through the Worldwide Exchange scheme. For more information about the Study Abroad Programme please consult the following: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/studyabroad/ .
- The University hold open days twice a year (usually June and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
- If your application is successful you will be invited to a visit day specifically for your area of study. On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, meet members of staff and current students and discuss study aims and qualifications with admissions staff.
- We do not normally interview applicants. We make offers after carefully considering your UCAS application.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2015 will be approximately £9,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £14,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate fees pages.
Compare this course
This course is delivered by: