Spanish and Portuguese (4 Years) [BA]
View tabs | View full page
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
- ABB-BBB including one of the languages to be studied
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32-34 points overall (core points accepted), to include 6,5,5-5,5,5 in higher level subjects, including one of the languages to be studied
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- The course gives students a thorough grounding in the languages and cultures of the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking worlds.
- Alongside their study of Spanish language, students explore a range of options in visual culture (including film), area-specific history, linguistics and literature.
- Students study both European and Brazilian Portuguese alongside a range of options in areas such as contemporary culture, colonialism, literature and cinema from Brazil, Portugal, Mozambique and Angola.
- Year 3 is spent abroad, split between Portuguese- and Spanish-speaking countries (on university exchange, work placement, or teaching as an English-language assistant).
The University holds Open Days regularly (usually June, September and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2016 will be £9,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £15,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate fees pages.
Compare this course
This course is delivered by:
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.