BA History and Spanish / Overview
Year of entry: 2016
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB including History (A) plus English Language at A2 or GCSE in a Modern Foreign Language (grade B)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall (core points accepted), to include History grade 6 at higher level and 5,5 in two further subjects including English Language or GCSE in a Modern Foreign Language (grade B)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
BA (Hons) History and Spanish
- Gives students the opportunity to experience teaching from two cognate areas in the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures, bringing together expertise across a wide range of topics.
- Students can choose from courses in Ancient, Medieval, Modern and Economic and Social History, as well as in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine.
- Gives students a thorough grounding in the language and cultures of the Spanish-speaking world as well as the opportunity to learn Catalan.
- Alongside their study of Spanish language, students explore a range of options in film, area-specific history, and literature.
- The University hold open days regularly (usually June, Sept and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
- If your application is successful you will be invited to a visit day specifically for your area of study. On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, meet members of staff and current students and discuss study aims and qualifications with admissions staff.
- We do not normally interview applicants. We make offers after carefully considering your UCAS application.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2016 will be £9,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £15,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.