Latin and Italian (4 Years) [BA]
View tabs | View full page
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Number of places/applicants
- Approx 1 place taken per year / 5 applications
- Typical A-level offer
Grades ABB-BBB to include Latin or Italian; not including Gen Studs.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
- 33-31 points overall (core points accepted), to include 5 or 6 at Higher level in three subjects. See A-levels for subject requirements.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
Joint honours Latin and Italian is based on the study of the language, literature and culture of both societies. Each language is studied in all three years: where appropriate, texts for literary and historical course units are read in the original language. Latin may be taken by complete beginners (programme 2) as well as by post A-level students (programme 1). This degree programme includes a year spent in Italy: where possible, this includes enrolment on classical courses at an Italian University. There is a wide range of styles of teaching, including lectures, seminars, small-group tutorials and virtual seminars via the web
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2016 will be £9,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £15,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate fees pages.
Compare this course
This course is delivered by:
- Academic department
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Contact name
- Katie Cowey
- +44 (0)161 306 1252
- +44 (0)161 275 3098
- Academic department overview
See: About us
- Classical Studies (3 Years) [BA]
- Classics (3 Years) [BA]
- Italian Studies (4 Years) [BA]
- Latin (3 Years) [BA]
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.