Dentistry (first-year entry) (5 Years) [BDS]
View tabs | View full page
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Degree awarded
- 5 years
- Number of places/applicants
- Typical A-level offer
- We require grades AAA plus grade B in a fourth AS subject.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points overall including a minimum of:
- 7,6,6 in the Higher Level subjects, which must include Biology and Chemistry with 7 and 6
- 5,5,5 in the Standard Level subjects
- 1 core point
- How to apply
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course prepares you for careers in the modern world of dental practice by combining clinical studies with basic and advanced dental sciences. Once you have mastered basic competencies in the University's skills facilities, you will rapidly move on to treating patients in both the Dental Hospital and local outreach clinics.
BDS Dentistry is taught in a top-ranked institution proud of its facilities, research reputation, student support, excellent innovative course and student-centred curriculum. The course aims to develop professional and ethical dentists who can:
- Take a patient-centred approach to clinical care within the dental team
- Apply the skills, knowledge, behaviours and abilities to practise safely and efficiently
- Be a reflective practitioner committed to lifelong learning
The best way to get a feel for what it's like to study at the School of Dentistry is to come and visit us on one our open days .
Fees for Home students approximately £9000 per annum for all programmes
Clinical overseas: £35,000
Compare this course
This course is delivered by:
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.