BA English Literature / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades AAA-AAB, including Grade A Eng Lit or Eng Lang & Lit.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32 points overall (core points accepted), including 7 points in English Literature at Higher level, plus 6 or 7 in two further Higher Level subjects.
- Number of places/applicants
- 80 / 800
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- You are interested in studying over one thousand years of writing in English, engaging with literary and cultural theory, studying texts in their historical contexts and reflecting on different cultures and traditions.
- You want a course that trains your imagination and your capacity to think critically and creatively about the world and your place within it whilst also developing your research, time management, written and oral communication skills.
- You want a course that prepares you for a wide range of careers.
The University holds Open Days regularly (usually June, September and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2017 will be £9,250 per annum. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £17,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- American Studies (3 years)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (French)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (German)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (Italian)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (Spanish)
- Latin and English Literature
- Drama and English Literature
- History and American Studies
- English Literature and American Studies
- English Literature with Creative Writing
- English Language and English Literature
- English Literature and History (3 years)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.