BA English Literature / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades AAA-AAB, including Grade A Eng Lit or Eng Lang & Lit.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37-35 points overall (core points accepted), including 7 points in English Literature at Higher level, plus 6 or 7 in two further Higher Level subjects.
- Number of places/applicants
- 80 / 800
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- You are interested in English, Irish and post-colonial literatures as well as cultural theory, creative writing and film
- You want to develop skills in time management, written and verbal communication and independent thinking
- You want a course that prepares you for both 'traditional' and more varied careers relating to English Literature
The University holds Open Days regularly (usually June, September and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
- American Studies
- English Literature and a Modern Language (French)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (German)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (Italian)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (Spanish)
- Latin and English Literature
- Drama and English Literature
- History and American Studies
- English Literature and American Studies
- English Literature with Creative Writing
- English Language and English Literature
- English Literature and History (3 years)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.