BA Spanish and Portuguese / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
ABB-BBB including one of the languages to be studied
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32-34 points overall (core points accepted), to include 6,5,5-5,5,5 in higher level subjects, including one of the languages to be studied
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- The course gives students a thorough grounding in the languages and cultures of the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking worlds.
- Alongside their study of Spanish language, students explore a range of options in visual culture (including film), area-specific history, linguistics and literature.
- Students study both European and Brazilian Portuguese alongside a range of options in areas such as contemporary culture, colonialism, literature and cinema from Brazil, Portugal, Mozambique and Angola.
- Year 3 is spent abroad, split between Portuguese- and Spanish-speaking countries (on university exchange, work placement, or teaching as an English-language assistant).
The University holds Open Days regularly (usually June, September and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.