BA Politics, Philosophy and Economics / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- BA (Hons)
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB. (Please see entry requirements for full details.)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall, with 6,6,5 at Higher Level, and no lower than 5 in any subject. Applicants should be studying at least one of the subjects listed in the A-level requirements above as part of their International Baccalaureate.
- Number of places/applicants
In 2015 there were approximately 592 applications for 78 places for this degree.
- How to apply
- 91% of students on our BA Politics, Philosophy and Economics are satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2016)
- Are you interested in philosophical and political arguments and their economic context?
- Do you want to gain insights from different fields and apply them to pressing policy concerns?
- Would you like to be able to analyse and evaluate sources, and form rigorous arguments?
- Would you like a chance to study abroad for a semester?
- Take the right course units and you can apply for a paid summer internship through Manchester's Q-Step programme .
The BA (Hons) Politics, Philosophy and Economics programme - or PPE for short - is a structured, balanced, yet flexible programme of study, informed by today's freshest research.
The course covers a wide range of topics, problems and issues in contemporary politics, philosophy and economics.
Our PPE degree is based in the School of Social Sciences and provides a great opportunity to join a vibrant community spanning three interrelated disciplines.
You will learn how key insights from different fields can be applied to pressing policy concerns and in doing so can gain an unusually broad and rich set of intellectual and critical skills.
- Find out more and register for an Open Day
If you are made an offer we will email you an invitation to visit us late January, February or early March. These afternoons are organised by the School of Social Sciences and include a tour, a talk, refreshments and a chance to talk to students, lecturers and recruitment staff.
If you are visiting Manchester and would like to visit our admissions office please make an appointment in advance. (Call +44 (0)161 275 4470/1473 or email email@example.com )
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.