BA English Literature and a Modern Language (Spanish) / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades AAB inc English Literature or Eng Lang & Lit (grade A) and a GCSE modern foreign language (grade B)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall (core points accepted), to include higher level English Literature (6) and 6,5 in two further subjects. Plus GCSE modern foreign language (grade B).
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- You are interested in American, Irish and post-colonial literatures as well as cultural theory, creative writing and film
- You want to attend Spanish classes taught by experts in their fields, with teaching underpinned by research excellence
- You would like to deepen your knowledge of English and American literature through language study, and are interested in spending a year studying abroad
The University holds Open Days regularly (usually June, September and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2017 will be £9,250, subject to government regulations on fee increases.. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £17,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
- Modern Languages and Cultures
- English Literature, American Studies and Creative Writing
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies