BA Latin and Linguistics / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades ABB-BBB, not including Gen Studs. A-level subjects will normally include at least one essay-based subject (ie. where at least 60% of the assessed material is essay work).
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
34-31 points overall (core points accepted), to include 5 or 6 at Higher level in three subjects. See A-levels for subject requirements.
- Number of places/applicants
- Approx 1 place taken per year / 3 applications
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- You are interested in both Latin and linguistics
- You want the opportunity to study ancient sources in their original languages
- You are interested in the historical development of language
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
- Academic department
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Contact name
- Katie Cowey
- +44 (0)161 306 1252
- +44 (0)161 275 3098
- Academic department overview
See: About us
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.