BA Russian and Spanish / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
ABB-BBB including one of the languages to be studied
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32-34 points overall (core points accepted), to include 6,5,5-5,5,5 in higher level subjects, including one of the languages to be studied
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- Studies in Russian will enable students to develop their Russian language skills to a superior level and simultaneously to develop their interests in and knowledge of a variety of other subject areas (such as film and media studies, sociology, history and politics, literary and cultural studies).
- Gives students a thorough grounding in the language and culture of the Spanish-speaking world as well as the opportunity to learn Catalan.
- Alongside their study of Spanish language, students explore a range of options in film, history, and literature.
Year 3 is spent split between Russian- and Spanish-speaking areas (on university exchange, work placement, or teaching as an English-language assistant).
The University holds Open Days regularly (usually June, September and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
- Modern Languages and Cultures
- Russian and East European Studies
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies