BDS Dentistry (first-year entry) / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 5 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAA including Biology and Chemistry.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points overall including:
- 7,6,6 at the Higher Level subjects
- 5,5,5 at the Standard Level including 7 and 6 in Biology and Chemistry
- At least 1 core point
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course prepares you for careers in the modern world of dental practice by combining clinical studies with basic and advanced dental sciences. Once you have mastered basic competencies in the University's skills facilities, you will rapidly move on to treating patients in both the Dental Hospital and local outreach clinics.
BDS Dentistry is taught in a top-ranked institution proud of its facilities, research reputation, student support, excellent innovative course and student-centred curriculum. The course aims to develop professional and ethical dentists who can:
- take a patient-centred approach to clinical care within the dental team;
- apply the skills, knowledge, behaviours and abilities to practise safely and efficiently;
- be a reflective practitioner committed to lifelong learning.
The best way to get a feel for what it's like to study here is to come and visit us on one our open days .
Fees for international students are £21,000 per annum and £38,000 per annum for clinical students.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.