BEng Civil Engineering / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall with 6 in Maths at higher level, 6 in Physics at higher level and 5 in English at standard level
- Number of places/applicants
- For 2015 entry, the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering received 3,560 undergraduate applications and 370 students registered on our courses (Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering) in September.
- How to apply
- Formal applications for entry to all undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS
This is a three year course leading to a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) qualification in Civil Engineering. The course is broad-based and covers topics such as structural, fluid and soil mechanics, engineering design, and maths; as well as emerging subjects crucial to the future of society such as climate change; resource usage and management; and intelligent and futureproof infrastructure. This degree will equip you to enter the civil or structural engineering professions, and, with further learning, allow you to become a Chartered Engineer.
For more information on the course, the teaching style and the people you will work, with visit our School Civil Engineering pages.
The next University Open Days will take place on Friday 17 June 2016 and Saturday 18 June 2016. Please visit the main University website for further information and to register online.
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
- Academic department
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Contact name
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 9210
- Academic department overview
See: About Us .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.